It’s the time of the year when our sprightly potted friends come in abundance. The sight of them springing on fresh and perky pot after pot thrills us to no end. Kalanchoe and Lucky Bamboo made it to our Potted Collection. Got one but no idea how to deal with them? Hope these quick tips can help.
Keeping up with the Kalanchoes
• Kalanchoe belongs to the succulent family. That means they don’t need a lot of water to thrive. Water it when the soil feels dry, but try not to wet the leaves. Keep in mind to allow some time between waterings.
• The clusters of bright blooms do best in bright, natural light. Avoid putting your kalanchoe under direct sunlight to avoid scorching it. Partially shaded areas are ideal.
• They can be toxic to dogs and cats. Keep it out of their reach.
Get the good luck going with Lucky Bamboo
• Keep it alive and it will do what it is destined to do – attract prosperity and good luck. Lucky Bamboo a.k.a dracaena sanderiana is easy to care for. Make sure the water covers the roots at all times. Refresh the water every week or two to keep it mould-free, happy and healthy.
• It doesn’t need a tonne of sun. Leaf-scorching may occur when the plant is in contact with direct sunlight. That’s when they start turning yellow or brown. Best to place your plant in a shady area with moderate sunlight.
• They too can be toxic to dogs and cats. Same drill as the above. Keep it away from your pets.
Our Plant Collection is a range we have curated for those of you who find joy and zen nurturing little beings, or those who aren’t big on cut flowers. They are perfect desk-pals to soothe tired eyes, calm minds and simply help you relax just by looking at them. We think having a piece of green near is always a good idea.
Hope you share many happy days with your green friend! If you need more help, do not hesitate to write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or view our plant collection today!