Because Father's Day is the ideal occasion to honour the kind and generous men in your life, we've compiled a list of greetings about fatherhood that can serve as inspiration for your celebration of the holiday.
On the third Sunday of June, you can make it a point to tell any man who has played the role of a father figure to you — your dad, your uncle, your brother, your grandpa, even to celebrate your better half — how much you care about him and how grateful you are to have him in your life. You can show your appreciation for all of the priceless advice and unwavering support that your father has given you by giving him a personalised card with a special message written inside. These quotes and messages really drive home the point of how important it is to be a father, which is perfect if you're looking for some meaningful ideas for what to write in a Father's Day card.
What to put in a Father's Day card
It's not easy to know what to write in a Father's Day card, so here are some ideas to help you think of a thoughtful Father's Day message:
- A funny memory about him
- One of the best times you've had with him
- The things about him you like best
- A note about something you still remember from what he taught you
- A mention of his favourite pastime, activity, or movie series
- Then, add to these ideas and plan one of these Father's Day activities. Don't forget to add a gift from our Father's Day gift guide.
Father's Day Messages That Show Your Appreciation
- Dad, I want to express my gratitude for everything you do on a daily basis for our family. You are the greatest!
- It's because of you that our time together is so much joy. Dad, we're very grateful to have you in our lives!
- You're the first person I turn to when I have a question or need some advise, Dad!' I appreciate that you for always being there for me.
- Please accept my heartfelt gratitude for your love, advice, and patience.
- Thank you for all of the time, care, and love you provide to me and my siblings every day, Dad.
- Even though we miles apart, your advice and affection have always been there for me. I hope you had a wonderful Father's Day.
- I am so grateful to have a dad who is as wonderful as you. Thank you for everything. Happy Father's Day!
Cute Father’s Day messages
- Thanks for allowing me the freedom to fly and the safety of knowing you’ll catch me if I fall.
- My support. My protector. My confidant. My cheerleader. My dad. Thank you for all the roles you play in my life.
- You are my dad but also my best friend, and I love that you can be both.
- I adored you as a child, love you as an adult, and admire you always.
- I don’t know how I’d make it through this world without you.
- There is nothing you can’t fix for me, including a bad day.
- Thank you for being there for me every day, in every way.
- Even when I can’t come home, you know how to make me feel at home.
- Happy Father's Day from your favorite pain in the butt.
- Happy Father's Day! You did great — I turned out perfect.
- Gouda. Mozzarella. Brie. Sorry this card is so cheesy, but I really love you, Dad!
- Dad, you may not know everything, but you sure had me fooled for a while.
- I wouldn’t trade you for anything, Dad. I mean, nobody’s offered me anything, but I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t!
- World’s greatest farter … I mean father.
- Dear dad, Thank you for always saying yes when mom said no.
- Happy Father’s Day to one of my favorite parents.
- Dear dad, Thanks for not leaving me somewhere in a bucket.
- It is not just me who is so fortunate, but also our children, because they are so blessed to have you as their father....Wishing you Happy Father's Day!
- Every demand is fulfilled… Every day is a celebration….. Every gesture is an expression of your love…. A warm and wonderful Father’s Day to my husband who is a wonderful dad and father!
- On this Father's Day, I'm loving you even more than I usually do. Have a wonderful day.
- I'm thinking of everything you've done for our family today, and I'm feeling so, so thankful.
- Thank you for every single thing you do for our family. I'm truly thankful.
- I love you and I treasure the family we've built together. Happy Father's Day!
- I'm raising a glass to you, and wishing you the most beautiful, meaningful day.
- You've done so much for this family, and today, we're celebrating that. Thank you for everything!
- I hope you know how much I appreciate you, today and always. Happy Father's Day!
- You're an incredible dad and an even better partner.
- Thank you for going above and beyond every day. I love you!
- I'm so thankful to be able to share this journey of parenthood with you. Happy Father's Day!
- You are everything I aspire to be, intelligent, strong, humorous, talented, and kind. You are the hero in my eyes.
- I am grateful to you for providing me with the knowledge to both lead and assist others, as well as the wisdom to know when to perform each position.
- You are the element that keeps us from falling apart.
- You put the "grand" in "grandfather," in a very real way.
- Grandpa, I promise there will always be room for you in my heart.
- I am grateful to have you as my grandpa since you are the best grandpa anyone could wish for.
- The title of grandfather is awarded to only the most exemplary of fathers.
Happy Father's day to all the wonderful dads out there. May you have a joyous celebration with your loved ones and get all the TLC you need!